Update 2009-03-31: I am no longer maintaining this plugin. WordPress’ built-in system for notifying admins of updates to WP or plugins is much better than this hack. And under 2.7x, the reminder text looks really bad.
This plugin adds a reminder tip (in large red letters) in the top right corner of your WordPress admin pages. The text is a link to the appropriate page in the wp-admin area. Reminders include:
- Making a backup of your database (every Friday)
- Checking your spam for false positives (every Wednesday)
- Other tasks that are easy to forget (every third Monday)
This plugin does not modify any system settings. It only reads from the database to see what directory your WordPress is installed into. You do not need to edit your templates. I have tested WARP on WordPress versions 2.2.3; 2.3.1; 2.33; 2.5.x; and 2.6.x. While it works with 2.7, it doesn’t look very nice, so I’ve stopped updating the plugin.
One tool you can use to backup your database is the WordPress Database Backup plugin. If you use some other system to backup your database that is fine. The important thing is that you regularly make a backup of your database.
Checking your comments tagged as spam is assuming you are using Akismet.
- March 31, 2009: Plugin retired.
- March 28, 2008: Version 1.01. Updated internal URLs, changed version number to 1.01 (some plugin lists don’t like version numbers greater 127) no functionality changes. Tested on WP 2.5RC2
- December 12, 2007: Initial release (version number 2007), with reminders through December 15, 2008.